Sunday, November 23, 2008

Time for a Break

For those of you who are involved in education (student, instructor, or parents), the first part of this video reminds me more of the first of the school year (instead of Friday) and the second part feels more like now (instead of Monday). In other words, I am ready for Thanksgiving break and shortly after, Christmas Break. Can anyone relate?


I am looking forward to a delightful Thanks-giving with the family. Megan, Ty, and Scott James will be here. Lyndsy and Stephen will be working on Thanksgiving Day, although we will have Stephen here in the morning and early afternoon, Lyndsy will join us in the evening, AND of course Brooke and Jack will be here all day. Geoff will come home from BYU (all the way from Provo-HaHa) bringing his appetite and one of his roommates, Nozomu, with him. Nozomu is most recently from Kentucky, but a native of Japan. Bottom line-Amy will be so happy to have her siblings, their spouses, and her nephews and niece here for the day and so will Scott and I. Sometimes it feels bitter-sweet because I miss my childhood Thanksgivings with my siblings, parents, and home. We always had such a great and happy time together. The tide has changed and now I am the main cook and OUR home is the gathering place. It is my childhood memory that sustain me and make it easy to create fabulous new memories, along with my husband, for our children, "adopted" children (Ty and Lyndsy), and Grandchildren!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL OF YOU.

3 comments:

Lyndsy said...

For me the first part of the video is how i feel in the morning. The second part is how I feel after a full day with 2 children. (I'm not sure how anyone does it with more!)

Kevin and Allison said...

Hi Kathy! It's Allison. Meg was showing me your blog so I thought we should be blog buddies!!

Ty and Meg said...

LOVE YOU MOM!!