Saturday, April 18, 2009

Geoff Has Been Called to Serve

Geoff's mission call came Wednesday April 15th. The mailman brought it to the door, personally handed it to me, and grinning from ear to ear said. "I have a mission call for this home." I felt like kissing him but squealed instead. Later that day, friends and family gathered and shared this special experience with Geoff. Amy and Ty were out of town and were missed very much. A special thank you to Tami Nelson for taking the following images.


The envelope from the Office of the First Presidency


Megan getting Ty on the phone. (Amy was at "Wicked" in NY and unable to participate via phone.)


Opening the Envelope


Reading the letter from President Monson


Hugs for mom


A part of Scott's mission is now in the mission Geoff will serve


Stephen, Lyndsy, Brooke, and Jack wish Geoff well.


Meg and Scotty came for the exciting news. Ty was there in spirit and by phone.

SOME OF GEOFF'S FRIENDS THAT GATHERED








1 comment:

McDermott 5 said...

The one place on earth I have longed to go to is to France and see Monets Garden. So if you get that chance please send me a picture!!!
I am so happy for your mission call!! congrats!! serve well and return with honor hey thats a movie now thththht
love coz peggy

P.S.I really wanted you to come to sunny San Diego but hey take France!!